Thursday 25 August 2011

Finding A Stone

Traditionally pilgrims have carried a stone with them on their journey, to be left in Santiago as a symbol of some kind.
An anonymous quote I read in  Tim Moore's book "The Spanish Steps":  (Thank you Susan, the book is hysterically funny)
"Hardness of heart and selfishness, these are your stones; leave them at Santiago"

Walking such great distances will inspire a great deal of reflection, solitary and shared. I think it will be hope, kindness, forgiveness, peace, thankfulness and other altruist thoughts we will leave with our stones when we reach Santiago.

I know one thing....my stone will be small and very light as it will be carried a very long way, and I think it will be smooth and white. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home